Monday, 4 October 2010
This is an impressive goal, but can it really work?
My first step was to install the product, which unfortunately wasn't as straight forward as I would have liked. This blog entry is hopefully my first of many, on Titanium, purely to document the steps I took to get it running on Ubuntu. This blog does not detail the full setup procedure, instead, I show what I had to do to get it working after I had completed their installation instructions (follow link, then select downloads).
When trying to run Titanium I received the error "symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0: undefined symbol: g_malloc_n". To fix that, I had to type...
It would seem that it didn't like trying to use the Java open JDK, so I typed
sudo aptitude remove openjdk-6-jre icedtea6-plugin
To change from Open JDK to Sun JDK...
sudo aptitude install sun-java6-jre sun-java6-jdk sun-java6-plugin sun-java6-fonts
After all of this, Titanium then reported that it couldn't create a new project, so I changed the use of Android 8 to Android 4 (within the 'android' tool that enables you to specify the API's to install) and then...
Note that the 'android-4' mentioned in the path was 'android-8' but failed to work...
I did have a timeout error launching the Android emulator, when this happened I launched the simulator again and then it worked.
I still receive an error '[ERROR] /home/rob/android-sdk-linux_x86/tools/apkbuilder' which I have yet to resolve, however, it doesn't seem to stop the tool from running!
My attempt of installing on the Mac also failed - I currently can't launch the iPhone simulator, but that's for another blog entry (once I've fixed it!).